I’d thought today I’ll share with you all what I carry in my bag when I go out to teach. I only teach a few hours a night therefore I don’t carry a massive amount of items with me, only the ones I consider essential. I mostly teach chidren but recently I started to teach adults and its much more fun than I expected!
The bag I use is the Fjällräven Kanken Mini. It’s very practical, and fits much more than you expect. I got it in black because I couldn’t decide on a colour and black seemed like the safest choice :D. The company has a very wide range of colours to choose from.
Here are my everyday essentials :
- Notepad – where I can quickly write down any lesson ideas, websites and games.
- Kindle – it goes with me everywhere, I read all the time and it’s just easier to take my kindle with me rather than try and fit different chunky books into the bag. I used to be a “paper copy kind of girl” however since moving to Spain and leaving all my books behind (there was a lot of them, trust me!) I switched to a kindle which I received from my boyfriend for my birthday and I really enjoy it. Its convenient and light. I always read on the tram and when I have breaks between my classes.
- Phone charger – in case my phone tries to die on me.
- Hand Cream – my hands get really dry in the wintertime so this is a must! This is just a generic brand from the local supermarket.
- Flat Keys – that’s one thing I always check I have with me before I leave. I’d hate to get locked out when everyone else is at work or away. It happened to me before and I definitely don’t want it to happen again!
- Lipsol – to protect my lips from the cold.
- A couple of pens – there’s always one kid who doesn’t bring their pen to the class.
- Tram card – its easier and cheaper to get one rather than having to pay for your ticket every time!
- Earphones – if I am not reading on the tram then I am definitely listening to music.
- Mini notepad – I use it to write down anything from passwords to blog post ideas.
- Wallet – for storing my money and cards.
- Stamps – kids LOVE stamps and they are a great reward for good work.
- Chocolate bars – if I am feeling snackish.
- A scrunchie
- Sunglasses – you can’t leave your house without sunglasses in Spain, the sun is very bright, even in the winter.
- Phone – not pictured as it was used to take the above photo 😉
What do you carry in your everyday bag? Is there anything really useful that I am missing?